Cusco city, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu tour, 3 days - 2 nights.-
Cusco city, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu tour, 3 days price: US$ 375 each person.
Important: We need a prepayment of US$$ 200 via PayPal in advance (once you have filled out the form bellow, we will send you our PayPal account) to buy your train tickets, and Machu Picchu ticket in advance.
Once you have done the prepayment, we will send you a code regarding your Machu Picchu ticket for printing online in no more than 48 hours.
The remaining payment will be done in Cusco city a night before your leaving from Cusco city.
– Huayna Picchu mountain or Machu Picchu mountain costs an extra: US$ 60 – payment in advance via PayPal.
– Discount for students only having a ” valid university student card” until 25 years old: US$ 20.
After this classic 3 days tour you will be able to add another one day activity like the Rainbow mountain tour or the recently popular Humantay lake tour.
If you do not want to hike the 2 hours uphill to Rainbow mountain or the Humantay lake, you still have another option walking only 30 minutes to see three “Rainbow mountains” along the Palccoyo valley in the Palccoyo mountain tour.
City tour, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu tour, 3 days itinerary:
Day 1: Cusco downtown - Qoricancha - Sacsayhuaman - Qenqo - Puca Pucara - Tambomachay.-
This early tour could start at 9:00 am, 10:00, or 1:00 pm walking to Qoricancha (the golden block), afterwards you will take a bus to visit Sacsayhuaman where you will spend 45 minutes walking by gigantic stones fitted together, and other Inca sites like the worshiping place of Qenqo, Puca Pucara an Inca fortress, and Tambomachay about water fountains.
You will have time to explore at every site, this tour lasts 5 hours.
Day 2: Chinchero - Salt mines of Maras - Moray - Sacred Valley - Ollantaytambo.-
You will be pick up at 6:40 am so the bus leaves at 7:00 am from Cusco city along the very highlands of Cusco to Chinchero located at 3:800 masl where you will see gigantic stones fitted together, and a church built on a Inca temple, afterwards you will head to the Inca salt mines of Maras, which comprises over 3000 “dirt pits” to extract salt since pre-inca time, next spot will be about the terraces of Moray, an Inca “farming laboratory” used to acclimatize and improve Andean crops.
You still take the bus for one, and a half hour to Urubamba town where after lunch, it will take 45 more minutes to Ollantaytambo an Inca site about gigantic stones fitted together by the Sun temple, farming terraces, stone walls, etc.
This town seems to be the “Second living Inca town just after Cusco town, a mixed of Inca stone walls, and Spanish style houses, even more realistic then Cusco downtown”, afterwards you will stay in Ollantaytambo town until 6:30 pm, because the train leaves at 7:00 pm to Aguas Calientes town.
The transfer will wait for you at Aguas Calientes town to take you to the hostel in Aguas Calientes.
Day 3: Aguas Calientes town - Machu Picchu citadel - The Sunrise - Ollantaytambo - Cusco city.-
The tour guide will pick you up from your accommodation at 5:00 am to take the bus to Machu Picchu site at 5:30 am for 30 minutes driving up.
Machu Picchu citadel is open at 6:00 am so during the guided tour you will pass by important Machu Picchu places for 3 hours accompanied by an official tour guide, nowadays it is not allowed to stay longer due to regulatiosn to preserve the Inca site, afterwards you will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes.
You have to be at Aguas Calientes train station 30 minutes before your train leaves, which is at 2:55 pm taking an hour, and 45 minutes to Ollantaytambo town where a transfer will wait for you to take you by bus to Cusco city for an hour, and 45 minutes arriving at 7:00 pm.
What is included?
– Tour guide.
– Transport, a minibus of 21 people.
– Entrance fee for every tourist site ( 5 sites to visit like Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara, and Tambomachay).
– A regular hostel, a single room with a private bathroom in Cusco city.
– Tour guide.
– Transport, a minibus of 21 people.
– Entrance fee for every tourist site (4 sites to visit like Chinchero, Salt mines, Moray, and Ollantaytambo).
– Train service from Ollantaytambo town to Aguas Calientes town (Machu Picchu town).
– A regular hostel, a single room with a private bathroom in Aguas Calientes town.
– Bus service round trip from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu citadel.
– Machu Picchu ticket.
– Tour guide for Machu Picchu citadel.
– Train service from Aguas Calientes town to Ollantaytambo town.
– Bus service from Ollantaytambo town to Cusco city.
What do you need to take with you?
– Original passport for the check point at Machu Picchu citadel.
– Original University student card, if it is required.
– Light clothing, Machu Picchu is at 2450 masl.
– Toiletries (but soap, towel are provided at hostel).
– Snacks, bottled water (2 liters each day).
– Sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat.
– Insect repellent, there are mosquitoes around Machu Picchu area.