Humantay lake hike, 1 day.-
Humantay lake tour, 1 day price:
1) Group service (van of 20 seats): US$ 23 or 85 soles each person.
2) Private service (private transport):
– US$ 160 for one person.
– US$ 100 each person from 2 to 3 people.
– US$ 70 each person from 4 to 6 people (email us for a bigger group).
Availability: Every day, you can book a day before until 10:00 pm (much faster via WhatsApp).
How to pay it? You will pay it in the morning of your departure date.
Humantay lake tour, 1 day itinerary:
You will be pick up at your accommodation from 4:00 am through 4:30 am, so the bus leaves by 4:30 am from Cusco city taking 2 hours driving to Mollepata town the breakfast place, afterwards it takes 1, and half more hours to Soraypampa village, the beginning point at 3900 masl (12792 ft).
After being impressed by the view of the Salkantay glacier located a few kms away, you will hike 2 hours uphill from 3900 masl to the bottom of the Humantay glacier, and its turquoise lake located at 4200 masl (13776) doing 300 meters (984 ft) uphill in a short time. We highly recommend to be acclimatize for this hike, 2 days in the highlands over 3000 masl at least.
Over there you will have time likely 20 – 30 minutes to explore on your own around this peaceful lake. You are also able to hire a horse to ride round trip for 100 soles – US$ 26.
The way back takes 1, and a half hours downhill to Soraypampa village where the bus will take you back to Mollepata the lunch place for 1, and a half hours.
After lunch, you need 2 more hours driving back to Cusco arriving at 6:00 pm.
What is included?
– Bus round trip from Cusco city – Soraypampa village – Cusco city.
– 1 buffet breakfast at Mollepata town.
– Bilingual tour guide (Spanish, and English).
– First Aid kit (bottled oxigen, and others).
– 1 buffet lunch at Mollepata town.
What do you need to take with you?
– 20 soles for the entrance fee at Mollepata municipality.
– Extra 150 soles (US$ 40) for some expenses like renting a horse, bottled water, snacks, etc.
– Warm clothes, three layers at least due to temperatures varies from -5 °C to 25 °C.
– Bottled water, snacks, sunscreen, warm gloves, a beanie, a hat.
– Rain jacket or rain poncho for the rainy season from October through middle April.
– Light daypack.