Palccoyo mountain hike, 1 day.-
Palccoyo mountain tour, 1 day price::
1) Group service (van of 20 seats): US$ 29 or 110 soles each person.
2) Private service (private transport):
– US$ 180 one person.
– US$ 100 each person from 2 to 3 people.
– US$ 70 each person from 4 to 6 people (email us for a bigger group).
Availability: Every day, you can book a day before until 10:00 pm (much faster via WhatsApp).
How to pay it? You will pay it in the morning of your departure date.
Palccoyo mountain hike, 1 day itinerary:
You will be pick from 4:30 am through 5:00 am.
Our bus leaves at 5:00 am from Cusco city driving for 2 hours to Cusipata town for a buffet breakfast, afterwards it takes one, and half more hours to the start point at 5000 masl (16400 ft).
The way up to the pass of Palccoyo mountain: This is the best option to see three “Rainbow mountains” so you only need to hike 30 minutes from the beginning to the pass having an impressive view of many colorful mountains along the walk even more beautiful than the very known “Rainbow mountain or Vinicunca mountain” in only 2 hours exploring.
Palccoyo mountain pass: You will also see the Ausangate glacier on the left located only a few kms away. You will have a proper time to enjoy the unique view of many colorful mountains.
Afterwards you have to walk 30 minutes from the pass back to the beginning to drive an hour and a half to Cusipata the lunch place, so afterwards it takes 2 more hours driving back to Cusco arriving at 6:00 pm.
What is included?
– Round bus trip from Cusco city to the beginning point.
– A buffet breakfast.
– Bilingual tour guide (English, and Spanish).
– First Aid kit (bottled oxigen, and others).
– A buffet lunch.
What do you need to take with you?
– 20 soles (US$ 5) for the “Palccoyo mountain” entrance fee.
– Extra 50 soles (US$ 13) for some expenses like bottled water, snacks, etc.
– Clothes, three layers at least due to temperatures varies from 5 °C to 25 °C.
– Bottled water, snacks, sunscreen, warm gloves, a beanie, a hat.
– Rain jacket and rain poncho (rainy season from October through middle April).
– Light daypack.