Rainbow mountain, 1 day - early leaving to avoid crowds!
Price as of 2021:
Group service: US$ 20 each person (80 soles).
Private service: US$ 90 – each person (minimum with 2 people).
How to pay it? You can pay it a day before of your departure date at 6:30 pm in your accommodation or via PayPal (8% more).
The Rainbow mountain hike is very recommended for mountain lovers, who also want a challenge so you will start hiking from a very high point at 4800 masl (15744 ft), we recommend to be acclimatize to the altitude for 2 days in Cusco city, and keen to get over 5100 masl (16728 ft) in only 2 hours.
You will be pick at your acommodation from 4:00 through 4:30 am.
Our bus leaves at 4:30 am from Cusco city driving for 2 hours to the breakfast place at Cusipata, after breakfast it takes one more hour driving to the beginning of hiking.
Nowadays the road ends very near of the rainbow mountain so you only need 2 hours hiking uphill to the highest point from 4800 masl to 5100 masl, on the way you will meet andean people wearing their traditional clothes made on their own from alpacas, and sheep wool they raised.
By the summit located at 5100 masl (17000 ft) you will get a breathtaking view of the “Rainbow mountain” also surrounded by colorful mountains, like the Red Valley, the Ausangate glacier (6372 masl)
You will have a proper time to enjoy the unique view of the colorful mountain.
If you want to go to the “Red Valley” you need to take some extra money (10 soles).
Afterwards you have to hike downhill for an hour and a half to the beginning point to drive an hour to the restaurant for lunch at Cusipata, you still need 2 hours drive back to Cusco arriving at 6:00 pm.
You also can ride a horse round trip for 80 soles (US$20), so a horseman will be pulling each horse for your security.
What is included:
– Bus round trip from Cusco to the beginning point.
– 1 breakfast.
– Bilingual tour guide (English, and Spanish).
– First Aid kit (bottled oxigen, and others).
– 1 lunch.
What do you need to take?
– 5 soles for the entrance fee at Cusipata.
– 20 soles for the entrance fee at Rainbow mountain.
– 10 soles for the entrance fee at Red Valley.
– Extra 120 soles (US$ 30) for some expenses like renting a horse, bottled water, snacks, etc.
– Clothes, three layers at least due to temperatures varies from -5 °C to 25 °C.
– Rain jacket, and rain poncho (rainy season from October through middle April).
– Mittens, beanie, hat.
– Light daypack.
– Bottled water, 2 liters